Duration: 5’30” Commissioned by Hungarian concert violinist Rodrigo Puskás. Wandering spirit for violin and piano is a musical metaphor for the quest for truth, symbolized musically by moments of discovery, with longing and soaring solo lines in the violin, and moments of struggle marked by dissonant interaction between the violin and the piano. This work ends with a […]
Duration: 5′ Written for Hungarian concert violinist Rodrigo Puskás. Ancient Walls is a one-movement solo work for the violin that explores the ancient ‘sounds’ shared by the old world. The title is a methaphor for the ‘walls,’ literally and figurative, that sometimes separate cultures from each other – during their own time and also over time. The title […]
Duration: 18’30” Written, for the Meininger-Trio. Premiered at the 15th International Bodensee Festival in Meersburg, Germany, on May 24, 2003. Performance History Voces de mi tierra is a tribute to my native country and to the Spanish music that I love so much. Even though the melodies are distinctively Spanish I have not borrowed from […]
Duration: 23′ Commissioned and premiered by the Meininger-Trio at Nachtmusik – WDR Broadcasting Station in Cologne (Germany) on March 15, 2008. I. Awakening II. Sago gatherers III. Evening storm IV. Voices of inside night V. Night spirits Click here for full PROGRAM NOTES Published by Friedrich Hofmeister Musik Verlag.
Duration 3’30” Solitary for baritone, clarinet, cello and piano, based on poetry by Hollis Robins, was commissioned by Andrew Talle and was premiered at Peabody Institute of Johns Hopkins in the fall of 2009. According to Robins, the poem Solitary is part of a sonnet sequence called “Sonnets of Imprisonment,” which are all loosely about […]
- Jaeden Izik-Dzurko performed Portraits (mov. IV-V), Festival Musica Albeniz, Camprodon, August 7, 19:00.
- Amalia Tortajada, flute, & Andrea Gonzalez, guitar (Identidade project) performed Goyescas at the Serenades Festival in Valencia, June 29, 22:00
- Uphill: from Clara to Robert for cello & piano – Roger Morelló Ros, cello, & Anna Khomichkho, piano. Premiere and concerts in Germany & Spain, 2022-23
- Sonata for flute & piano (1995) released on Odradek, on June 3, 2022. Recorded by Roberto Alvarez and Kseniia Vokhmianina
- ‘Parlen les dones’ for mezzo, SATB Choir and Orchestra – El Cor Canta, March 5, 12:00, 2023 – L’ Auditori de Barcelona