Ancient walls for solo violin and Wandering spirit for violin & piano were written in 2013 for violinist Rodrigo Puskas. Ancient Walls was premiered in Seoul and Wandering spirit was premiered in Barcelona, Spain. Viktoria Kaunzner will perform these works in Valencia (Spain) at the Teatro Capitolio de Godella on October 18 at 19:00.
Catalan cellist, Roger Morello Ros, will premiere Duende, a solo cello work arranged for him from the set Colores Andaluces. It was a great experience for me to work with Roger, an excellent and resourceful cellist that enjoys collaborating with composers. The premiere of Duende will take place on October 16, at 21:00, at the […]
This September Spanish flutist Roberto Alvarez and Ucranian pianist Kseniia Vokhmianina recorded my Sonata for flute and piano at the Esplanade on the Bay in Singapore. I can’t wait to hear the final release on the CD!
Random Access Music (RAM) will present Masks for clarinet, cello and piano on February 11 and 14, 2020. Other works in the programs will include compositions by Dalit Warshaw, Jennifer Higdon, Aleksandra Vrebalov and RAM composers, Seth Boustead and Gilbert Galindo. Feb 11, Tuesday Location: Plaxall Gallery, LIC Performers: Laura Goldberg, violin – Thomas Piercy, […]
143rd ANNIVERSARY CONCERT – SALA DE LA MÚSICA DEL MUSEU PAU CASALS Roger Morelló, cello will perform Homenatge a Pau Casals for solo cello on December 28, 2019, at 19:30 at the 143rd anniversary of Catalan cellist Pau Casals. The concert will include also works by Gaspar Cassado, Max Bruch, Enrique Granados and others. Detailed information
Ion Project Ensemble will premiere a newly commissioned work, Masks for clarinet, cello & piano, on October 19, 2019, in Pittsburgh, PA. Two more con certs will take place on February 22 in Cincinnati, OH, and February 24, 2020, in Birmingham, AL. This concert will also include Trios by Beethoven, Brahms and Jonathan Kolm.
Naxos release of Catalan Wind Music, Vol. 2, includes Symphony #1 for Symphonic Wind Ensemble, recorded by the Barcelona Symphonic Ensemble (Banda Municipal de Barcelona) conducted by Salvador Brotons. This new album from the Barcelona Symphony Band is a compilation of the first world recordings of works by Catalan composers (Montsalvatge, Amargos, Fábregas and Bertrán). “Elisenda […]
- Jaeden Izik-Dzurko performed Portraits (mov. IV-V), Festival Musica Albeniz, Camprodon, August 7, 19:00.
- Amalia Tortajada, flute, & Andrea Gonzalez, guitar (Identidade project) performed Goyescas at the Serenades Festival in Valencia, June 29, 22:00
- Uphill: from Clara to Robert for cello & piano – Roger Morelló Ros, cello, & Anna Khomichkho, piano. Premiere and concerts in Germany & Spain, 2022-23
- Sonata for flute & piano (1995) released on Odradek, on June 3, 2022. Recorded by Roberto Alvarez and Kseniia Vokhmianina
- ‘Parlen les dones’ for mezzo, SATB Choir and Orchestra – El Cor Canta, March 5, 12:00, 2023 – L’ Auditori de Barcelona